isostilo is focused on healthy eating and a retail detox this week ( don’t worry, I am always hunting for stylish finds to pass along). I will be sharing more recipes that capture my taste buds and hopefully yours too. If you are clean eating and detoxing this month, you will be delighted with this recipe. I am not a detoxer but respect those that have that level of commitment. I really try to eat and cook healthy dishes 80% of the time. I would have no problem being a vegetarian (with the occasional burger) but not so much my family. Salads get tiresome and unsatisfying in the winter but warm rice bowls on the hand are a wonderful replacement.
Coconut Veggie Stir-Fry with Cauliflower Rice is a happy, warm, loving bowl that is good for your mind and body. It is a grain free, diary free, healthy, tasty, flavorful, fast cooking dish that is totally satisfying in a comfort food kind of way. I found this delicious plant-based recipe on the Goop website. I am a little late on the cauliflower rice trend really only because I thought it would be a pain in the butt to prepare. Embarrassed to say it is a two second pulse in the food processor! The prep is minimal on this dish and the sauce is easy peasy. The sauce makes this dish a winner! Flavor to me is everything! A healthy dish makes me excited! Prep and cook time under 20 minutes makes this mid week friendly!
You will actually feel full with this dish if it is your main meal. I can recommend sliced tenderloin as a perfect paring if you are not restricting your diet. I have meat lovers in my house so too many vegetarian meals in a week receives a bit of a protest hence the tenderloin. It’s all good when you balance it out!
Recipe below is from Goop‘s website.
3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
5 small pattypan squash, trimmed and quartered
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
⅓ cup thinly slivered red onion
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon liquid aminos
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
½ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
¼ cup unsweetened large coconut flakes, toasted
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1. Place the cauliflower in the container of a food processor. Cover and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped (about the size of rice). Set aside.
2. In a large wok, stir-fry the broccoli and squash in the sesame oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce the heat to medium if the vegetables brown too quickly. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
3. To the same wok, add the ginger and garlic. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 30 seconds. Carefully add the coconut milk, liquid aminos, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat, the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is just tender and starting to brown.
5. Return the vegetables to the wok. Cook and stir for 1 minute to heat through. Spoon the cauliflower rice evenly onto two serving plates. Top with the broccoli mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with the coconut and cilantro.
Happy cooking and add some spice to this one!