The season for fresh juicy peaches and vibrant berries is here. Last weekend, the peaches and berries were on full display at the farmers market. I am already regretting not buying more of them. The season is short and you must take advantage of your local farmer’s bounty. Pick them yourself if you have the time. Such a wonderful summer activity. I have found two different ways to enjoy these summer delights from epicurious that if times allows, I will give a go. Otherwise, I will add them to my greek yogurt or enjoy them one bite at a time while lounging on deck.
Peach Salad, Blueberry and Corn Crisp from epicurious. And if you are really up for enjoying some peaches long after the season then this jam looks damn tasty (maybe it is the bourbon that caught my attention).
this summer with alfresco dining at home. Let’s just say June is officially summer! There is nothing better than firing up the BBQ and having friends over to enjoy the long summer nights. It is the best time to entertain. Summer gatherings can be simple and festive with little prep or you can go full-out gangbusters. Spending energy on creating a lovely and inviting atmosphere will delight you all summer long. You will just need to clean up the space and make of list of the items you will need to make entertaining fuss free and easy. After this it will be a breeze! Here is a helpful tip: clear out a designated space to hold all your summer dining essentials to make it easy on yourself and for those that are willing to lend a helping hand.
- Make your next reservation at home! Get creative with whatever space you may have. All spaces can be turned into a summer oasis.
- Pick flowers and fresh herbs from your garden or go to an outdoor market for fresh local flowers.
- Gathered utensils in a container to pass around is simple, functional, and casual.
- A folding table (great for pop up dinners when you have more guests than your typical dining set can accommodate) covered by a simple white table-cloth. Get clever with seating if you don’t have enough matching chairs by mixing in pieces from your indoors space. Benches work really well too.
- Melamine plates and glasses are worth the investment. This would also look just as lovely with colorful paper plates and napkins. Outdoor dining can be what you want it to be. No rules!
- Light it up with string lights and candles!
- Her smile tells it all! A dear friend who just happens to be my neighbor (thank my lucky stars!) kicked off summer with an outdoor set up that has me planting flowers , dusting off summer plates , and hanging lights! Thank you for the inspiration!
Here are a few places to check out online for your summer alfresco evenings. Happy Summer folks!
Crate&Barrel could be your one stop shopping for all your alfresco needs.
Ikea for some Scandinavian inspiration.
Target for string lighting options and folding tables (so handy to own and can be tucked away).
Check out this great piece from RealSimple. Lots of tips to get you excited for all your summer entertaining.